Founded as a German-American Club in 1965, Edelweiss on the Rio Grande is a private social club in Albuquerque’s Bel-Air neighborhood.
We encourage you to:
- Read our latest Newsletter
- Learn more about the club’s history
- Become a member
- Join us for our many lively events and activities!
The objectives of our club are:
Promoting and maintaining, but not limited to, traditional German-American customs and events;
- To help its members to generate and maintain fellowship through group activities and Gemuetlicheit;
- To promote good German-American relations;
- To associate the organization with other like organizations;
- To encourage youth activities;
- To maintain and promote a clean and dignified atmosphere in all club activities.
Membership is open to anyone of any nationality, creed, color or sexual orientation. You do not have to have German ancestry to join, just an interest in German culture. You must be at least 21 years old.
RENT THE CLUB
We have accommodations for up to 225 people for your next anniversary, birthday, graduation, or wedding reception. You must be a dues paying member to rent the club.
Other groups use our club for some of their activities
Irish-American Society of New Mexico
St. Andrew Scottish Society of New Mexico
Location & Hours
Tue – Fri
4 – 8pm
Noon – 8pm
Sun / Mon
Additional hours for special events.
Friday & Saturday
For more information
call 505-888-4833 Tue – Sat between 4pm and 7pm, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current volunteer positions available
It is thanks to our many volunteers that we are able to continue the many activities we have at the GAC. There is always a need for volunteers and we still need a few more. Whether you’re looking for a short-term or a long-term commitment, please take a look at the below list of needs and consider volunteering for any that fit your talents. If you think of anything you are interested in that is not on the list, please let us know. We always appreciate everyone who helps out.
If you would like to volunteer, or just have questions about any of the positions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Finance Committee Members – to assist the Financial Director. Contact Jeff Hagemann at 505-720-4926 for info on what is involved.
- Meal Preparation – for dances. This is a good short-term commitment, whether for just one time, or for a number of dances.
- Dinner Ticket Sales – for dances
- Dance Instructor – Volksdance, Waltz, Polka, etc., whatever type of dancing you are interested in teaching.
We send cards!
Please notify Rosalie Pfeiffer, at 505-299-3951 if you know of any Club Member who should receive a greeting card, i.e., get well, sympathy, congratulations, etc.
We maintain a list of places to eat German Food in the Albuquerque area. Check it out, and if you have a place to add, let us know!